Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let's do it all again.

Below is a summary of the project to date. This includes several changes that needed to be made after I realized that although we have 12 new men each year revenues are steady year over year. This means we are only retaining a small number of our supporters from year to year. The things that changed as a result of this realization are italicized. The biggest benefit is I believe we can convert a higher % of these people into repeat customers so I was able to increase the goal a little. I think I have the strategic side figured out now it is time to take another stab at the STP and 4 P's.

Business Objective:

Fundamental Entity
60-Mile Men as an umbrella brand

Core Competency
60-Mile Men has core competency is in recruiting.

Goal Time Frame
60-Mile Men will donate $16,900 to the 3-Day in 2011 through walker grants. Twice the donations made in 2009.

Category Definition

Breast Cancer 3-Day Fund-raiser

Strategic Quadrant:
Customer Definition
Purchased a 60-MM Product or made a donation directly to 60-MM in the past.

Marketing Objective
Retention

Source of Volume
Stimulate Demand

4B's
Bodies: 3,000 (Current Customers)
Belief:
Before - I support 60-MM because my friend is in the current calendar.
After -I support 60-MM because the money goes to a good cause.
Converted - 50%
Behavior:
Before - I supported 60-MM last year
After - I support 60-MM every year.
Converted - 75%
Bucks: $9,571 (9,500 x 0.50 x 0.75 x $8.50)
$8.50 is the amount of a single calendar sale or portion of a typical apparel order that is donated to the 3-Day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice redo here - you had really painted yourself into an executional corner...! Always important to think strategy first, and if you have a choice take a more strategic perspective - it is always more sustainable.

    ReplyDelete